Monday 14 March 2011

Basic Hair Tie

This tie is based upon Twisted Monk's Basic Hair Tie Video.  My variation has more wraps as I find single wraps tend to slip in a subs hair. Optionally you can skip the last step if you want to leave the initial knot unlocked with the tail through the rope loop. 

As in Monk's video I am using 4mm rope (jute in my case as is my perference )but as he didnt mention rope length. I have used one about 3m long. Long enough to tie the hair and tie off to somewhere else like ankles or a chest harness. 4mm is used because its more flexible and not as heavy. You can go smaller say to 2mm spectra or 6mm to incorporate into another tie if the subs hair is not too fine.

Make a bight (loop) in the middle of the rope
and grab the hair in a ponytail
 Wrap the bight end of rope around the hair two times
 Tie a simple overhand knot
Make a loop from the hair


Wrap the tail (loose) end around the hair loop two times


 Poke the tail through the hair loop


 Secure though rope loop



1 comment:

  1. Honestly.... just tying my own hair back. Trying that now? HAHA

    ReplyDelete